Our Gro-To teenies are always on the move – in backpacks and suitcases and tiny toddler pockets. And now, in cute race cars! Made from recycled toilet rolls. Want to DIY your own little four-wheeled fun-mobiles? Get your crafty engines running. Vroom vroom!
- Toilet rolls
- Cardboard scraps
- Coloured paint
- Scissors and/or a craft knife
- Paper fasteners
- Craft glue
- Textas, stickers, and other fun decorative stuff!
1. Grab your toilet rolls – you’ll need one per car. And give them a lick of paint, inside and out. Choose any colour you like! (But everyone knows red cars are the fastest.)
Hot tip: While you’re waiting for the paint to dry, you can skip to step three.
2. Cut a U-shape out the top of your toilet roll and fold it back, then glue in place to create the seat. You want the cut out to be big enough to pop your Gro-To teeny inside.
3. Time to make the wheels and steering wheel! Grab a scrap piece of cardboard and, for each race car, cut out four large circles (these are your wheels) and one smaller circle (this is your steering wheel). Not excellent at free-drawing circles? You might want to find something like a lid or a coin to trace around. Easy! Then use a texta or paint to colour them in.
4. Use four paper fasteners to attach the wheels to the race car, and stick on the steering wheel. You’re nearly there.
5. Build a tiny 750-horsepower engine with turbochargers! Just kidding. These cars run on fun.
6. Last step – decorate your race cars. Go crazy and use as many stickers/textas/glitter/pom poms as you like to make your adorable roadsters sparkle.
Now your Gro-To teenies are ready to race!
Psst! Don’t forget to show us your masterpiece @grotoskincare.