The fun of Gro-To doesn’t run out when your products do. If you’ve got a bunch of empties, take those colourful flip-top caps and give them new life – as adorable fish! That swim about, look cute, and never complain if you forget to feed them.
- A cardboard box (like the ones your Gro-To order comes in!)
- Lids from your Gro-To empties
- Coloured paper
- Googly eyes
- Glitter glue
- Scissors and/or a craft knife
- Glue stick
- Sticky tape
How to make it:
1. Grab everything you’re going to need. You’ll start with your cardboard box and coloured paper. Ready? Let’s craft!
2. To create the aquarium, take your cardboard box (the shipper that your Gro-To order arrived in is perfect for this!) and remove the lid. Cover the inside of the box with blue paper and glue it down. Then, cut out some green paper globs to make the seaweed!
3. Time to turn your caps into fish! Grab your lids. (You can use the lids from any of your products – full-size or teenies. We used both!) To make the tails, cut out triangles using coloured paper and attach them to the lids – the easiest way to do this is to pop one pointy end of the triangle into the open lid and snap it shut. Then, you can use glitter glue or colorful washi tape to add stripes to your tails. On each lid, you’ll want to stick a googly eye and draw on a happy grin.
4. Use the glitter pens to add shiny scales! (Do not use the glitter pens to decorate the kitchen cabinets.) Now your fish are ready to swim.
5. Attach different lengths of string to each of your fish. (You can clamp the string in the same way you did the tails, if it’s thin enough.) Make small holes in the top of your aquarium and thread the string through, fastening at the top with sticky tape.
6. Give them names! (These ones are Norm, Bob, Gretel, Pam and Scootledog.)