We typically reserve oils for the face and hair, leaving lotions as the go-to for super supple limbs. Perhaps because lathering oil head to toe can feel quite intimidating - is it messy, will it leave a greasy sheen, what about the transfer on my clothes? - but rest assured there is a way and a reason to add it to your bodycare routine.
To a degree, timing is everything. You want to massage body oils into damp but clean skin for optimal absorption of the antioxidants and essential fatty acids within. So, it will more than likely become a post-shower ritual (think, after yoga, before margaritas). Body oils do a damn good job of replenishing the natural oils lost when your body is exposed to harsh and drying environments; softening sensitive, flaky or cranky skin.
However! Oils are also great for those dry, bendy, forgotten bits like elbows, knees, and heels. Meaning, if you’re about to jump in the uber sans glow, you can quickly apply this product for immediate hydration.
Here’s a helpful how-to:
1. Apply in upwards, smoothy movements from the base of your neck to the tip of your chin to help rejuvenate any sagging skin.
2. Finish by massaging under the chin, gently moving oil from right to left and left to right.
1. Apply in upwards, smoothy movements from the top of your boobs to your collarbone.
2. Then, switch to moving the fingertips in light circular motions across the whole décolleté, shoulder to shoulder, to help iron out those fine lines.
1. On the inner and outer side of your arm, massage the oil in light circular motions, moving towards the heart.
2. Do the Hokey Pokey, turn around, and repeat on the other arm!
1. On the front and back of your leg, massage the oil in light circular motions, moving towards the torso.
2. Don’t forget to swap sides, and repeat on the other leg!
This massage technique acts as a natural anti-ageing treatment in and of itself; releasing muscle tension, stimulating blood flow around the body, lifting and firming the skin, allowing those natural antioxidants to really sink in.A rev-oil-utionary (it had to be done) addition to your daily bodycare routine!